Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ready to Go!!!!

'My bag is packed, it's early morn. The taxi's waiting, it's blown it's horn, already I'm so lonesome I could cry!'

Here I am about to leave for Auckland Airport. My pack weighs as much as a big boar! I hope I have everything. I've been through it a few times.... boots, socks, toothbrush,  warm clothes, good book to read while I'm waiting at the airport (there is always a lot of waiting at airports), sleeping bag, raincoat, and my fluffy pyjamas. 
I'm not looking forward to the flight - my legs are too long. I'm going to be squashed in  seat for 11 hours and 50 minutes. I leave Auckland today, 4 July, at 18:30 hours and arrive in Buenos Aires 4 July at 15:20 hours. I will be sleeping on the aeroplane (hopefully I'm not sitting beside a snorer! If so...I'll pinch his nose!).
My sister, Jarki, will meet me at the airport. I can't wait to see her. She has planned this adventure - she likes organising. I plan to sit in her slip-stream and follow her around the continent. Do you know 32 million people live in Argentina? I heard Argentina lost their soccer game to Germany! Hmmmm.... I better not speak any German in Argentina!
Adios amigos!



2 comments: