Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Buenos Aires


¡Hola!
Finally I found a computer where I can download some photographs.
My sister is sitting on the hostel stairs. ¡She´s beautiful!
A couple dancing the tango.

The wonderful drumming, dancing carnival we stumbled upon. The pulsating rhythm, moving, dancing and energy was great. Buenos Aires has many beautiful sculptures - the people love beauty.

Just befire we left Buenos Aires, Jarki and I got talking to a well dressed man whose English was quite good. ¡He told me he wanted to date me! Before I could open my mouth, my sister piped up and told him I was married.......hmmmmm, thus ended the beginning of a good story.

In this huge country of 41 million, very few people speak English. I like the challenge of working out the written spanish - but understanding what the people are saying is a problem.

The bus trip to Puerto Iguazu was comfortable. We travelled through miles and miles of flat farm land where cattle were grazing. Argentina is famous throughout the world for it´s beef.

Puerto Iguazu is a tourist destination - known for it´s gigantic waterfalls. The fauna and flora reminds me of Queensland - colour, scrubby, and the low density of the vegetation. Tonight we leave for Tucuman, travelling by cama bus again. I can´t access the waterfall photos today- I´ll try and blog them next.

Adios amigos


No comments:

Post a Comment